Friday, May 13, 2011

three words

there are three words I long to hear
these three words I do hold dear
i say them often and think them more
i've even heard them on the dancefloor
i cannot explain these words of three
and how i feel when they are said to me
for reasons unknown at this time
you have yet to even pantomime
it's amazing to hear them said aloud
whether said alone or in a crowd
to hold them in would be a lie
there is no need to feel shy
these words are so simple to say
i would never lead you astray
they make me smile and make me happy
i say them myself when i'm feeling crappy
just three words is all it takes
saying them would raise the stakes
we have known each other for a while
in my shoes you have walked a mile
you don't have to say them directly to me
spread the word, over coffee or tea
say them to anyone, where ever they're from
those three words..Ashley is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. ASHLEY IS AWESOME!!! This post ROCKS! Well, they all rock... but this one really makes me remember just how awesome you really are. Olive Juice!

    ReplyDelete