Sunday, March 27, 2011

Liberty and giggles for all

I am a little scared of horses. They are so dang big... and there was an incident involving Liberty, a horse from Next to Heaven Ranch in TN.
A few years back a group of friends and I went to Townsend, TN for a weekend. We were going to go tubing but it was a little chilly for that, so someone had the big idea to go horseback riding... and I will go ahead and be forthcoming in saying that the someone was me.
So we all get our horses and start this unguided trail ride- first off Liberty was pretty good.. until we got out of earshot of the ranch owners. Then he decided that he was not meant to be a trail horse. If he would have had hubs, I would have had to lock them in. At one point, we were in the woods and there was an actual tree in between my leg and the saddle. Meanwhile, I am freaking out and Pocket's horse was so far up Liberty's junk bucket that I thought we were going to have to get them a room. After what seemed like 5 hours, we start the descent and I have to actually pick leaves and twigs out of my hair. So we come up single file to the platform in which to dismount, I am so happy to get off this horse. Everybody is doing so good! My turn changes everything.... I go to dismount and the underwire of my bra gets caught on the saddlehorn, so I am literally hanging on this horse by my bra. Yes, my feet were dangling about 3 inches over the platform... and I am stuck. Just in case I wasn't already traumatized enough, the ranchhand sticks his hand up my shirt and frees me from the confines of the bra/saddlehorn combo.

1 comment:

  1. That day was soooo much fun! It probably would not have been as much fun without "the incident" but it was so worth the bumpy ride!

    ReplyDelete