Sunday, March 27, 2011

if you want to sing out, sing out

2 bands today -
Jamestown Revival- The Knives & Pipes So this group is hard to define by genre- so I am going to make up one Americana Blues. that may already exist and if so I apologize to those other Americana Blues bands... anywho, my favorite is "The Revival" with "Beat on Down" coming in a close second. I would say you are probably going to hear quite a bit from this duo, hopefully.
Matt the Electrician - this guy is awesome. My faves are the cover of  "Faithfully" and "Got Your Back" His amazing voice and instrument combo are well worth a listen. He has a live album that was just released in January.

okay so for the old school part of this post- I am going to go with John Prine. I haven't heard a song I didn't like by him, his voice is clearly recognizable and his lyrics are great. As hard as it is to list my faves, I'm gonna try
Dear Abby
Let's Talk Dirty in Hawaiian
In Spite of Ourselves (duet with Iris DeMent)
Illegal Smile
I'd say at least one of his songs is in every playlist on my ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment