Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Reveal

Here lately I had the feeling that my parents were keeping something from me, so when they sat me down for a serious talk, I got real nervous. Of course, mom opens the conversation.
"Ben, you are turning 18 in three days and it is time your father and I told you something"
I could tell that she was hesitant and didn't really want to be having this conversation. My mind immediately went to what I figured would be the worst thing they would want to talk about.
"Oh crapsticks, seriously? Is this the sex talk? No no no.. we do not need to have this talk."
Dad stood up and said "Son, this is more serious than that and we cannot put it off any longer. I guess I will start at the beginning. About 100 years ago, your great grandfather ticked off the wrong woman. I am not sure what he did but whatever it was, she didn't take kindly to it. Now this woman dabbled in magic and she put a curse on the males to come of our family. The curse begins on your 18th birthday. The good thing is that there are ways to end the curse but unfortunately we have been unsuccessful in our efforts, which is why we are telling you now."
I was really freaking out. "Dad, what's going on? You are worrying me."
He took his handkerchief and wiped his forehead and said "There is no easy way to say this, we are shifters."
"No way, like were-wolves? That's awesome!" I couldn't believe they were making this out to be so bad.
"No Ben. We are not were-wolves. We shift into something much different. It is still the same concept in that we shift on full moons and when our heartrate gets too high but we are definitely not were-wolves. We are were-taters."
I passed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment