Saturday, July 23, 2011

school learnin'

you know how there are moments that you never forget- I have a few from middle school- the one that I remember clear as day although it was never pointed out to me as being wrong- is that when I had to read outloud in Health class, I would pronounce the word "fatigue" as fat-i-goo. Yes I did. Now i flashback to that moment everytime I see or hear that word.
When we were taught to read, were we not taught to sound that shit out? How can something like that still make me feel like a moron?
Why wasn't there more emphasis on economics or whatever? Until this week, I couldn't fully understand why the government couldn't just print more money to get us out of debt. I still don't fully understand all of it but I was schooled by a fellow Bob Honker on why money can't just be printed so that was good.
Now I wonder why there were not classes on stuff like
Recovery in Social Situations - this would teach you how to recover and keep your dignity when caught doing something totally douchey in public. For example, being caught dancing/ air drumming at work, drooling on yourself at dinner, falling off the treadmill, etc. This is a class that I still need. I tend to make it worse by my reaction to the embarrassing thing I did.
Dancing in Public- more people need this class than not. I would like to speak more on the subject but I am one of the ones that needs the class. I and others need to realize that some dances are not timeless... the roger rabbit, choking the giraffe, cabbage patch... NOT TIMELESS. Although I love dance parties, I try to keep them at the house even though I dance so badly that there are times when I genuinely believe that I have scared Ruby. Dance parties break out often at my house, washing dishes, doing laundry, waiting on Ruby to come inside. Sometimes she joins, most of the time she looks at me like I am crazy. This is the same look she gives me when I slam out the air guitar.
Being a Grown Up - this class would include how to remember to change air filters, pay bills on time, how to grocery shop for actual meals- not just buying Bagel Bites and Pop-tarts for the week. I cannot remember to change my air filter to save my life.

What other classes? Hmmm need to think about that one....

No comments:

Post a Comment